Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm an ex-fundamentalist PK (Preacher's Kid) gone good. I live in Wisconsin with my partner of almost 5 years. We hope to be adding to our family in the near future. Currently, my hot topic of interest is the proposed constitutional ban on civil unions and marriage for gay and lesbian folks in Wisconsin. I love Wisconsin and have no interest in living anywhere else, but I feel slapped in the face almost daily by those who are pushing this amendment that could threaten all legal protections for gay families and which will affect my family personally. My blog will likely be focused on this issue - might throw in a bit of other things just for kicks though.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

how's it feel?

So how's it feel to wake in the morning and know your state has changed its constitution to keep your family from equal protections?

it sucks. It hurts. It feels weird and scary and very different.

See, I used to take care of my family and know that we had to worry about not having family protections and such, but now, I know that we have all the more reason to worry. Those who declared my family second-class on November 7th have the power of the constitution behind them.

Imagine the constitution being used against YOUR family.